With all the unpredictable issues in the world right now, people could use these comfort foods to make when sad.
In trying times like these, it is getting harder and harder not to let the world news affect people’s everyday moods. This collection of recipes recalls familiar favorites like old-fashioned mac and cheese, hearty chicken noodle soup, and modern classics like sweet potato soup that will provide nourishment and warmth with every spoonful. If your loved one, friend, or neighbor struggles, ease the burden with one of these nourishing and warm meals. Check out these six comfort foods to make.
1. Chicken Noodle Casserole. Chicken Noodle Soup is definitely one of the most famous comfort food recipes to cure a sickness, so why not make it into a full-blown meal to cure sadness? This recipe is fool-proof and will make you feel warm and fuzzy with every bite. Enjoy this
, tasty dish that will take you back to laying in bed on a school day watching cartoons while you are delivered a hot bowl of soup right to your bed.
2. Sweet Potato Soup. This recipe calls for sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds, with cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne adding spicy-sweet flavor. A vitamin-packed soup, it is a nutritious and colorful antidote to fatigue. Serve with plain yogurt, pecans, and flat-leaf parsley; you will not find anyone who can resist a second bowlful.
3. Classic Patty Melt. A person’s go-to meal when sad is always some form of a cheeseburger. People’s favorite kind of cheeseburger is a patty melt. Thy rye bread and the onions transform this classic meal into a flavor explosion of great vibes and positive thoughts. Mentally bring yourself to a neighborhood hangout with 50s music playing in your head with each bite. It is super easy to make and tastes delicious.
4. Macaroni and Cheese. People crave nothing more after a long day of stress and worry than a hearty bowl and mac and cheese. This recipe is the creamiest, cheesiest recipe you could find and has been put to the stress test from every emotion. This recipe is straightforward to make and costs almost nothing. There is nothing that mac and cheese cannot make better, even if it is just for a moment or two.
5. Fudge Brownies. This indulgent dessert is another incredibly comforting recipe to treat yourself to on a particularly rough day. Brownies are a rich and gooey food that is sure to make you smile while eating them. Most people find baking therapeutic when anxious and upset, so this recipe is a win-win for everyone. It is one of the many comfort foods to make no matter the weather.
6. Ravioli Lasagna. Nothing makes you feel as safe and secure as a family dinner on Sunday nights with the people you love most in the world gathered around a big pot of sauce with pasta, bread, and cheese. This Ravioli Lasagna recipe is a staple in many families and tastes like a hug. This comfort food recipe is oozing with deliciousness of cheese and pasta. Make this plate of tangible love the next time you miss home or feel sad, and put a smile on your face! Check out the Generations Of Good Food, a Cookbook by Eleanor Gaccetta. This book is a compilation of recipes that span six generations. The book is a collection of straightforward recipes and heartfelt stories of Italian life that brought families together around the table. This book will raise your interest whether you are a novice in the kitchen, a home cook, or a professionally trained cook. The cookbook is a compilation of nearly 200 recipes, including main dishes, bread, cakes, pies, cookies, and candy. With this book, expect a ton of those comfort food recipes that are tested and confirmed cures for any sadness the world throws your way