You will love this easy, cozy comfort food recipe selection – perfect for casual dinner dates, holiday tables, or special gatherings. Feasting at home is always a memorable occasion with good food for everyone.
Comfort food, in moderation, can be exceptionally nourishing for the soul. Not just the eating of it, but specifically in the act of making it. Making comfort food can be comforting if you allow it – the best way to spend a lazy day or slow Sunday.
3 Easy, Comfort Food Recipes
These three simple recipes are definitely rich and decadent, something for everyone to share!
Recipe #1. Easy French Bread Pizza. If you have childhood memories of frozen French bread pizzas, this fresh homemade recipe will blow your mind! There is so much to love about a French bread pizza – no rolling out dough, all made in one pan, and just one French baguette makes four pizzas. With just six ingredients and 15 minutes of cooking, you can have a hot, delicious pizza dinner for weeknights or a game-day dinner. Why not grab the ingredients and have a pizza night tonight? You will love serving these quick, easy French bread pizzas with a leafy green salad. Or, slice your pizzas into servings for your next girls’ night, family gathering, or game day party. These also make a fun appetizer for feeding a crowd! Some of our strongest memories of feasting at home are during our childhood years.
How To Make the French Bread Pizza
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the French baguette in half lengthwise. Cut each portion in half crosswise, creating four pieces total. Place bread pieces on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly crisp. Remove from the oven.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce over each bread halve. Sprinkle it with mozzarella, your desired toppings, and a pinch of salt.
- Bake again for 13-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Recipe #2. 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. Soft, gooey pumpkin cinnamon roll perfection with just five ingredients! These decadent breakfast treats only take 10 minutes to make, with NO rise and NO mess! These rolls are fun and fabulous for Sunday mornings and festive fall brunches. Spread with a cream cheese glaze and enjoy with a hot coffee. Feasting at home will never be the same with this amazing dessert.
How To Make the 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Just unwrap a roll of crescent dough (Pillsbury Grands crescents – Big & Buttery, 12 oz. can). Separate into four triangles and seal the perforations with your fingers to create rectangles. Spread with a mixture of pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Roll them up tight and slice them into rounds. You will end up with about 12 rolls in a square baking pan. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
- Whip up a creamy, sweet glaze (just another five ingredients). Spoon it over the hot spiced rolls and serve warm. Or, you can ditch the ice altogether because these babies are bangin’ just as they are!
- Bake a batch of cozy fall weekend mornings, and share it with your family and closest friends. These perfect pumpkin cinnamon rolls are irresistible and are finished in under 30 minutes. You have no excuse to try them, so get going!
Recipe #3. Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders. Nothing beats the comfort and convenience of quick, homemade crispy chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauces. After trying this foolproof 20-minute recipe, you will agree—juicy, extra-crispy boneless chicken tenders with a crisp golden coating. No special equipment is needed, and it will be ready in under 20 minutes! So delicious dunked in your favorite dipping sauce. Easy, family-friendly fried chicken that is 100x better than any takeout.
How To Make the Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders
- Pre-heat your oil in a large pot or deep skillet.
- Coat chicken pieces in a flour-spice mixture.
- Dip in egg wash, then back into the flour.
- Fry in batches, about 8-10, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
NOTE: You will love dunking these in your favorite dipping sauces. Try a sweet-spicy Thai sweet chili sauce, a perfectly tangy honey mustard sauce, or Ranch dressing (mix with Sriracha for a zesty kick!). Try buffalo sauce, Bleu cheese dressing, marinara sauce, Caesar dressing, and any other delicious dipping sauce you can dream up!
For more accessible recipes with comfortable home cooking, grab a copy of Eleanor Gaccetta’s book “Generations Of Good Food.” This book is a compilation of six generations with nearly 200 recipes, including main dishes, bread, cakes, pies, cookies, and candy. The book is a collection of straightforward recipes and heartfelt stories of Italian life that brought families together around the table. The book will indeed raise your interest whether you are a novice in the kitchen, a home cook, or a professionally trained cook. Also, are you looking forward to cooking pasta dishes, baking sweet Easter bread, a Chiffon cake, lemon ricotta cookies, or making Tiger butter fudge? These and many more recipes are included. Just glancing through the table of contents will surely give you the urge to cook, bake and eat.